Scottsdale 2016 – another busy auction weekend. This years auctions featured seven Mercedes-Benz 300 SL’s rolling across the stage, all of which were sold, but one.
Below we have put together a quick reference and summary of the 300 SL’s offered at Scottsdale 2016 along with links to the full lot details for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.
|1962 MB 300 SL Roadster||$1,485,000|
|1955 MB 300 SL Gullwing||$1,155,000|
|1957 MB 300 SL Roadster||$935,000|
|1958 MB 300 SL Roadster||$1,265,000|
|1957 MB 300 SL Roadster||$792,000|
|1959 MB 300 SL Roadster||$1,155,000|
|1954 MB 300 SL Gullwing||(No Sale)|
– Exceptional presentation with recent service by Bob Platz
– Matching numbers example with well documented history
– Presented in the Factory-delivered livery
– Offered with both hard and soft tops, books and tools
215 bhp (DIN), 240 bhp (SAE), 2,992 cc SOHC inline six-cylinder engine with Bosch mechanical fuel injection, four-speed manual transmission, coil-spring independent front suspension, coil-spring and swing-axle rear suspension, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 94.5 in.
– An original West Coast–delivery Gullwing
– Exceptional authenticity, including a largely original interior
– Original chassis, engine, and body numbers
– Shown in the Gull Wing Group and Eric LeMoine 300 SL Registers
– An early-production 300 SL Roadster
– Desirable “Euro” headlights and removable hardtop
– Recent engine rebuild
– One of the most desirable modern sporting cars
– Recently restored by renowned marque specialists Rudi & Company
– Desirable and beautiful color combination; includes matching luggage
– Original matching-numbers engine
– An exquisitely presented 300 SL Roadster
Recently Discovered in San Diego. Delivered New in Graphite Gray (DB 190) with Medium Gray Leather. Black Plate California Car, Last Registered in 1986. Retains Factory Hardtop and Matching-Numbers Engine. Never Before Restored, Displayed, or Offered for Public Sale
Presented in Original Hellblau (DB 334) Livery. Chassis, Engine, and Body Numbers Correspond to Factory Records. Retained by One Owner for More than Four Decades. Equipped with Hardtop, Becker Mexico Radio, and Nardi Steering Wheel. Minimal Use Since Restoration by Marque Specialist Precision Automotive.
The 101st of 1,400 Gullwings Built. Retains Matching-Numbers Engine and Numerous Early Production Features. Originally Finished in Desirable Black over Red Leather. High-Quality Restoration in Outstanding Colors. One of the True Icons in the History of Motoring.
Scott Grundfor Company has a wealth of experience and expertise in all facets of the classic car market, specializing in high-end collectibles and vintage Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwings and Roadsters.
Read about our Classic Car Collection Consultation Services or Contact Us for personalized expert advice.